30.9.06

Go . . . Rockies?

Did I ever think that I would be sitting here on the second-to-the-last day of the baseball season, rooting for the Rockies and Matt Holliday in particular to have a good game against the Cubs? A game that matters not a whit for the post-season standings? Well, no. Why am I in this position? because I'm 2 1/2 points out of the lead in our fantasy baseball league, I've already maxed out the games that I can get credit for at the outfield, first base, and shortstop, so I put Holliday rather than Teixeira in the "utility" spot for the day in the hopes that the combination of Wrigley Field and the Cubs' woeful pitching will generate a slight boost to my OPS. I'm only a hundredth of a point behind the next place in that category, so if Holliday smashes a couple of home runs for me I might catch him.

So: go Rockies, go Holliday!

No comments: